Since being under the shelter-in-place order, my days seem to all run together. I have been contemplating what it was like to have lived in a simpler time.
- No electricity or a telephone
- An outhouse in the backyard
- Water came from a well
- A seven day a week, sunup to sundown work ethic
- Children had chores
- The Bible was part of every child’s education
- People looked out for their neighbors
- Children had respect for their elders
- People had less stuff
- All food was organic
- Families made their own furniture & clothing
Doesn’t it sound refreshing? It does to me.